Community Development Projects
Safe Water Today
- Managed for Venice Community Housing, their Clay Works micro enterprise job training for youth at risk. The program trained youth in the development, creation and installation of hand made ceramic architectural and tile products as well developing and implementing the creation of collaborative tile mural arts within elementary and middle schools.
- Work with Inside Out Community Arts: a Los Angeles performing and visual arts violence prevention and intervention program as a facilitator / instructor. Developed a collaboration with Clay Works for the production of ceramic products for the purpose of fundraising and donor appreciation.
- Established with Kids Arts Ventura, Ca - Kids Arts Oakview Ojai, Ca a free arts program for under served youth that provided studio arts and inter generational programing.
- Nordhoff High School - Ojai , Ca . Work with student and Ceramics program in the the development and creation of a center piece hand made tile mural for their performing arts builiding.
- To address the need for youth development, empowerment, youth entrepreneurial employment and violence prevention, I established relationships between UnimaSA www.unima.za.org a puppet performance and training program working in under served communities and iThemba Labantu a community development program in the township of Phillipe to work with, and the Venice California, Inside Out Community Arts (IOCA) www.insideoutca.org youth development project. The objective was to address the critical need in South Africa while expanding the global the reach of the empowerment work achieved though the IOCA methodology.
- Worked with Lhehlonolo primary school in the township of Gugulethu and supported the redevelopment of a pottery studio / training center. Empowered the school to take ownership of the project and facilitated the placement of a local artist to run the project.
- Introduced the Tulip water filter to various NGO and the South Afirican Council for scientific research, resulting in a pilot project and a university study re social marketing and acceptability.
Safe Water Today
- Along with my daughter, worked with the Earth Rights Institute 501(c)3 in Santa Monica and developed a social enterprise supporting the development of safe clean water in developing nations.
- Initiated the development of a business venture bringing point of use clean water systems to rural locations collaborators www.basicwaterneeds.com and www.connectinternational.nl
- With Connect International, involved in training and development in peri-rural areas for the development of locally hand drilled wells and the manufacture of local rope and washer pump systems. The technology affords poor communities to access water and create health water systems to improve their lives dramatically